Whether or not you are jumping at the idea that black pudding is a super food, this macro-friendly recipe is a great way of getting a bowl full of micro-nutrients and heaps of omega 3’s and fish oils. If I am cooking salmon darnes I will try to keep one left over so I can have it the next morning in this yummy dish, but you can use smoked salmon either.
- Black pudding (cut that shit chunky)
- Leftover salmon darne / 50g smoked salmon
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 / 3 asparagus spears chopped into small pieces
- 1 spring onion – diced
- A clove of garlic (chopped)
- Knob of butter (for cooking…or you can use an oil replacement)
- I always start by chopping my garlic. Chopping garlic and letting it sit in the air for a couple of minutes allows for the release of the enzyme that produces allicin; which has been linked to a whole host of health benefits.
- Heat the butter on a medium hot pan. Chuck on the asparagus and cook off for a few minutes until it starts to soften slightly. I love crunchy asparagus, and it’s jammed full of great nutrients.
- Add the spring onion and chopped garlic and cook for a minute or two.
- Add the eggs and salmon and whisk everything up together in the pan.
- At the side of the pan while your eggs are cooking; heat up the black pudding.
Enjoy with some hearty brown bread or a wholewheat bagel and a strong cup of coffee. This dish will set you up for a great Saturday morning!
Tamara is the self-proclaimed Unqualified Blogger. She is a freelance Copywriter and Marketing Communications / Brand Strategist and Creative Generalist. She is available for speech writing, tattoo conventions and karaoke parties or would love to work with you on your latest marketing or creative challenges. Stay in touch on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter or Contact her directly.