Whether or not you are jumping at the idea that black pudding is a super food, this macro-friendly recipe is a great way of getting a bowl full of micro-nutrients and heaps of omega 3’s and fish oils. If I am cooking salmon darnes I will try to keep one left over so I can have it the next morning in this yummy dish, but you can use smoked salmon either.
- Black pudding (cut that shit chunky)
- Leftover salmon darne / 50g smoked salmon
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 / 3 asparagus spears chopped into small pieces
- 1 spring onion – diced
- A clove of garlic (chopped)
- Knob of butter (for cooking…or you can use an oil replacement)
- I always start by chopping my garlic. Chopping garlic and letting it sit in the air for a couple of minutes allows for the release of the enzyme that produces allicin; which has been linked to a whole host of health benefits.
- Heat the butter on a medium hot pan. Chuck on the asparagus and cook off for a few minutes until it starts to soften slightly. I love crunchy asparagus, and it’s jammed full of great nutrients.
- Add the spring onion and chopped garlic and cook for a minute or two.
- Add the eggs and salmon and whisk everything up together in the pan.
- At the side of the pan while your eggs are cooking; heat up the black pudding.
Enjoy with some hearty brown bread or a wholewheat bagel and a strong cup of coffee. This dish will set you up for a great Saturday morning!